CERTIFIED HIPAA COMPLIANCE.
HIPAA Compliance “Certified By” OfficeSafe
The Department of Health and Human Services’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforces the privacy, security and breach notification rules under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Our Certificate of Compliance is not an official or legally recognized process or accreditation, and is not binding on the OCR. HIPAA compliance is an ongoing process. Our Certificate of Compliance implies that you are implementing the safeguards provided through our proprietary compliance program. We are not certifying or attesting to such safeguards that you are not implementing or to any specific date of compliance. Our Certification is not a guarantee that the covered entity will continue to be in compliance with HIPAA or that the covered entity has not experienced or will not experience any data breach. Our Cyber Insurance Coverage may assist financially with risks associated with any potential compliance gaps.
Our Certification process comprises of the following:
- Maintenance and Updating of HIPAA Policies and Procedures
- Documentation of Workstation Access Rights and Use
- Execution of Employee Security Awareness Training and Execution of Acknowledgements
- Distribution of Notice of Privacy Practices
- Execution of Patient Authorization Forms
- Documentation of Emergency Planning
- Execution of Business Associate Agreements
- Documentation of HIPAA Gap Analysis and Key Vulnerabilities
- Encryption Safeguards for Data Backup and E-mail Distribution
- Incident Response Reporting and Management (if necessary)
- HIPAA Compliance Safeguard Implementation Management and Reporting
- HIPAA Officer Designation and Responsibility Requirements
- IP Address Scanning and Testing
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When Do I Receive my HIPAA Compliance Certification by OfficeSafe?
Does PCIHIPAA Guarantee HIPAA Compliance?
SEE WHAT OUR CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY:
After taking the free online HIPAA Risk Assessment offered by AAOMS, I realized our practice could use help with our information security needs. Our practice signed up with OfficeSafe by PCIHIPAA through AAOMS in August 2016. The staff is so helpful and friendly and I finally feel that our practice is on the right path toward being compliant. OfficeSafe has put together binders along with the online portal to help guide us to our way of compliance. All of the policies are prepared in addition to any forms we may need. Using the online videos for our employee meeting made the employees feel well informed. The stress of not having to worry if we are compliant is so worth it. I highly recommend the PCIHIPAA program to help with your office HIPAA and security obstacles.
Oral Surgery & Implant Specialists
Dakota Dunes, South Dakota