HIPAA Compliance Resources
HIPAA Comprehension & Compliance
Are you an IT managed services provider (MSP) or value-added reseller (VAR) providing service to a healthcare facility? If so, you probably know you need to abide by HIPAA. However understanding its ever-evolving rules and elaborate requirements can be a challenge. It is impossible to comply with HIPAA laws without first deciphering them. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) has created both opportunities and challenges for MSPs backing up sensitive medical records. The September 2013 Omnibus Ruling placed supplementary restrictions on all parties involved in the “chain of custody” of electronic medical records. This extended to data stored offsite in backup and recovery data centers.
PCIHIPAA specializes in HIPAA compliance. We have developed an extensive library of data backup resources to help our partners better demystify regulations, take steps toward compliance, and more completely protect patient privacy. Let us help you serve your clients better.
We invite you to explore our resources below. Please Contact Us to learn more.
- 3 Imperatives to Ensure HIPAA Compliance for your Customers
- HIPAA. It Doesn’t Need to Be Scary
- Backup and Recovery Solutions for Health Care IT
- Beyond HIPAA: A spotlight on health care data backup and management
- Webinar: How MSPs can help their clients stay HIPAA compliant
- Latest HIPAA breach shows why encryption is a must
- Tackling your HIPAA compliance questions
- What is a Business Associate Agreement and what does it cover?
- HIPAA Omnibus changes are more than just in the name
- HIPAA: Why secure encryption is not a matter of choice
- Webinar: Why MSPs don’t have to fear HIPAA
- BYOD presents big risks for HIPAA compliance
- MSPs: Get ready for HIPAA data risk audits
- Business associates involved in 22 percent of HIPAA violations
- Criminals target healthcare systems for financial info more than EHRs
- 4 tips for evaluating the risk of a HIPAA violation
- HIPAA data breach affects 4 million records
- The next big healthcare IT trend data storage providers need to know
Visit blog.PCIHIPAA.com for additional blog posts on HIPAA compliance and healthcare IT.
Visit the official U.S. central governmental hub for all HIPAA issues including rules, standards and implementation guides.