Summary of Coverage
PCIHIPAA protects medical and dental practices from the substantial civil fines and penalties mandated by HIPAA as it relates to protected health information.
In addition, PCIHIPAA protects medical and dental practices from the significant expenses and fines levied by the Payment Card Industry due to a data breach resulting from compromised payment card information.
Any of the following that result in a HIPAA Data Breach or a PCI violation are eligible for expense reimbursement based on the Program Limits below:
- Theft of electronic patient files or cardholder information
- Physical theft of patient files or cardholder information
- Procedural mistake with patient information
- Employee theft of patient files or cardholder information
- Mandatory forensic investigation
- Notification to victims
- Credit monitoring & identity restoration
- Fines and penalties as a result of a civil violation imposed by a government agency (i.e. HIPAA) or Payment Card Industry
- $100,000 HIPAA Data Breach Coverage (per practice, per year)
- $100,000 PCI Data Breach Coverage (per practice, per year)
- $25,000 Sub-Limit for Notification Costs
- $5,000 Deductible