Updated as of: June 22, 2015
Scope of Policy
Information / Data Collection
Collection of Information
We may collect the following information:
- Information about a Practice’s business, including its address, phone number, taxpayer identification number, and certain other identifiable information (such as financial information);
- Certain personally identifiable information of the owner of a Practice, including his or her name, postal address, and email address;
- Customer names, postal addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and other personally identifiable and confidential information;
- Certain financial or demographic profile information to be used in the aggregate, such as age, gender, hobbies, interests, zip/postal code or country. Demographic information is not considered personal information unless it is linked to personal information about a specific user;
- Mobile, home, fax and/or business telephone (including toll-free) number, service provider name, and the date, time and content of the Practice’s or Customer’s message;
- IP Address, and other technical information collected from the servers utilized by you or your vendors, such as information and data that is automatically collected upon visiting the Website (i.e., webpage http headers (home server domain names, Internet Protocol address, operating system type, browser type and language) and user-specific or aggregate information on what pages Website visitors access). Technical information is not considered personal information unless it is linked to personal Information about a specific user;
- Credit/debit card and other billing information, including cardholder transaction data, card numbers, and expiration dates;
- Information provided on any application or authorization;
- Information regarding uses of the Services; and
- Other information provided to us in any way, shape or form.
How Information is Collected
We may collect information in the following ways:
- Through the completion of electronic forms found on our Website, or on a Practice-hosted website;
- Through the completion of paper forms provided by us;
- Through SMS (Short Message Service) messages sent via cell phone, or through e-mail and other communications;
- Through telephone calls made to us, or vice versa;
- Through surveys;
- Through referring websites or third parties, such as by third-party vendors regarding a Practice;
- Through the maintenance and analysis of Website server logs; and
- Via “cookies” (small text files placed by us on a Practice’s computer(s)), single pixel GIF image files (also called “Web beacons”), Website server log analysis and other similar technological means.
Certain portions of our Website may require that you register before being able to access them. On those portions of our Website that require registration, we may collect information to determine specific products and services that might be of interest or beneficial to a Practice or Customer.
By collecting and maintaining accurate information, we learn more about the needs of Practices or Customers and are better able to provide Services to such Practices or Customers.
Use of Information / Data Collected
We use the information we collect to identify the parties with whom we are dealing and to provide the Services, including Services that display customized content and advertising. We may also use the information for statistical and/or marketing purposes, to improve our technologies and Services, to provide information about our company, and to deliver promotional information from our partners and third-party vendors. These uses are intended to enhance your experience at the Website and enable us to present you content and services in which we think you might be interested
We reserve the right to share, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose the information we collect to third parties. We may also use the information you provide to market products and services we determine, in our sole judgment, you might find of interest.
We may add your information to our databases to contact you through future e-mails, postal mailings, telemarketing and SMS text-messaging regarding site updates, upcoming events, new products and services, and/or the status of orders placed online.
We reserve the right to release information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary to comply with the law.
Use of Web Technologies
We employ a software technology called clear gifs (aka web beacons/web bugs), that helps us better manage the content on our Website by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Website users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on website pages and are about the size of the period at the end of a sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to your personally identifiable information.
As is true of most websites, we gather information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Do Not Track
When you use one or more of our Websites, we may receive “do not track” requests from you, whether via signals from web browsers or other mechanisms. At this time, we do not respond to such “do not track” requests, although we may choose to do so in the future.
We take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of Practices’ and Customers’ personally identifiable information by using industry recognized security safeguards such as site monitoring, secured networks and servers, firewalls, and encryption. When we ask for sensitive information, we protect it through the use of encryption during transmission, such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer). We regularly test and update our technology to enhance security. However, no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect Practices’ and Customers’ personally identifiable information within industry standards, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our employees are trained and required to safeguard Practices’ and Customers’ information. Our internal controls limit access to information based on job functionality.
No Information Collected from Children
The information and Services provided by us or our affiliates, sponsors, and advertisers are not intended to be viewed by children (under 18 years old). No information is knowingly collected or retained from children (except as Customers), nor is any such information knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside the Website. No part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 18. Children are not eligible to use the Services and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to us or use the Services.
Based upon the personally identifiable information that you provide us, we may send you a welcoming email. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the Services you request, and to manage your account.
If you want to be removed from our marketing list and do not want us to send you email, regular mail, or other messages about our products and services, you can opt out. To do so, please send an email to Unsubscribe@PCIHIPAA.com, with the word “REMOVE” in the subject line, or unsubscribe by clicking here: Unsubscribe To opt out of SMS text messages, reply to the text you received with the word “REMOVE.”
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of such residents’ personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail us at: info@PCIHIPAA.com.
Manage Accurate Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer choose to use our Services, you can contact customer service by email, telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below to assist you with changes to your account.
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, or sales, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
7349 N. Via Paseo Del Sur #515-169
Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Attn: [Practice Support]